UPPER AUGUSTA TOWNSHIP — No one was injured and damage was limited to a chimney and fireplace from a Sunday afternoon fire at a home in Upper Augusta Township, Northumberland County.
Emergency dispatch took the call about 1:45 p.m. of a chimney fire at the Pope residence on 183 Red Fox Lane, about two miles north of Snydertown Road and about five miles east of Sunbury.
Whitepages.com lists the home as the residence of James T. Pope. There was no response Sunday night to a telephone call to that address.
Fire officials quickly had the fire under control despite high winds whipping through the Valley. They remained at the scene as of 3:15 p.m. Sunday.
“The wind did not have an affect on operations,” Northumberland County Dispatch said, “only on manpower.”
Traffic on Mile Hill Road was limited to one lane briefly during the incident response.
Fire companies at the scene were Upper Augusta Township Volunteer Fire Co., Sunbury Fire Department, Southside Fire Co. of Riverside, and a unit from the Danville Fire Department.