By Rick Dandes
The Daily Item
BANNERVILLE — A Beavertown man was electrocuted at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday after he came in contact with a live high-voltage wire in West Beaver Township, Snyder County.
Gerald Mark Stoltzfus, 31, died in the emergency department of Lewistown Hospital, where he was taken by ambulance after the accident at his place of work on Dale Snook Road.
Stoltzfus, 31, died of electrocution, Mifflin County Coroner Daniel P. Lynch Sr. said Thursday.
The accident occurred in a large pasture behind buildings adjacent to 484 Dale Snook Road.
Stoltzfus was knocked unconscious when a truck boom struck a live wire while he was working at Mid State Poured Walls. The company’s main business is pouring concrete.
PPL crews and fire and rescue personnel from the Bannerville Volunteer Fire Company responded quickly to the incident but were unable to save Stoltzfus.
He was taken to the Lewistown Hospital in a desperate attempt to save his life.
Stoltzfus on Oct. 20, 2007, married the former Krista E. Burkholder. They have two children, a son, Collin T. Stoltzfus, and daughter, Brooklyn G. Stoltzfus.