Sometimes it’s the offhand remark that’s the most telling. Indeed, the way we Americans casually, often unthinkingly, incorporate gun metaphors into our everyday slang says a lot about how deeply embedded guns are in our culture and our politics, and how difficult it is to control or extract them. Consider this list, presented as bullet points — which are themselves so conventional, so central to the typography of mind-numbing PowerPoint presentations, that you can forget what their shape represents.Continued ...
- Prize claim cost man $1,829
- Reel good time enjoyed by 200 young anglers
- Elytte Barbour's 'bad trip' put him on the road to prison, friend says
- 60 dogs battle for biscuits at annual bone hunt
- Arizona tribe set to prosecute first non-Indian under a new law
- Danville parents hope strike ends quickly
- Schools ask state to waive 180-day rule
- Former Bucknell star in NBA playoffs
- State: Discard raw milk from Greenfield Dairy
- Penn State police: Three posed nude at Nittany shrine
- State unemployment rate drops to 6 percent in March
- Loaded language
High School Roundup: Line Mountain wins tournament behind MVP Bobb
A pair of Tri-Valley League foes met in the final of the Zalar baseball Tournament, with Line Mountain edging Upper Dauphin, 5-4, for the title.Continued ...
- Selinsgrove Speedway: Smith wires field for URC win
- Baseball: Mifflinburg's Church returns home to honor former coach
- Boys lacrosse: Lewisburg tops Scranton Prep to remain unbeaten
- Focus on Wildlife: Rattlesnakes
- Ken Maurer outdoors column: Hitting the water
- Don Steese outdoors column: Out for trout
- Lewisburg's Jenna Wargo finishes out career at Louisville
- Track: Milton boys sweep relays at Bald Eagle Invitational
- College Football: Danville's Berg stars in Bucknell's spring game
- High School Roundup: Mifflinburg falls in boys lascrosse
- High School Baseball: Milton's Artley keeps Braves' bats at bay
- High School Roundup: Line Mountain wins tournament behind MVP Bobb
Da Capo Chamber Players in Concert April 22
LEWISBURG — The New York-based Da Capo Chamber Players will present an eclectic concert of new music on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Rooke Recital Hall of the Weis Music Building at Bucknell University.Continued ...
- Lewisburg Celebration of the Arts - The 45th Year
- 5 great things to do today!
- This music is for the birds
- And the winners are:
- 6 great reasons to get out tonight!
- 2 great reasons to get out tonight!
- Entry deadline this weekend for Celebration of the Arts exhibits
- Innovative jazz pianist coming to area April 17
- 1 great reason to get out tonight!
- Alumnus returns to SU for reading
- Jody Fallon — 10 years later
- Da Capo Chamber Players in Concert April 22