— 1. FED PLANS TO CURTAIL STIMULUS
The central bank is pushing ahead despite fears that the move will further rattle global markets.
2. RARE WIN FOR DEFENSE IN TERRORISM CASE
The defense must be allowed to view the U.S. government's secret request to spy on a terror suspect in Chicago, a federal judge rules.
3. WHO'S MOUNTING A THREAT TO THE US
The director of National Intelligence tells Congress a Syrian militant group tied to al-Qaida is training fighters around the world for an attack.
4. FINGER-POINTING FOLLOWS SNOW, ICE IN DEEP SOUTH
Georgia's governor and Atlanta's mayor find themselves on the defensive, acknowledging storm preparations could have been better.
5. WHY FIGHT AGAINST OBESITY MUST START EARLIER
A child's "weight fate" is mostly set by the time he or she reaches age 5, a study finds.
6. 'I'VE NEVER WANTED TO GO HOME SO MUCH IN MY LIFE'
Passengers of a cruise ship recount buffets served by crew members wearing gloves and masks after 700 passengers fell ill.
7. WHAT'S CAUSING A DECLINE IN MONARCH BUTTERFLIES
Possible reasons range from a lack of milkweed to genetically modified crops, urban sprawl and extreme weather.
8. BIEBER TURNS HIMSELF IN TO TORONTO POLICE
The singer's latest brush with the law involves the alleged assault of a limo driver in December, an official says.
9. WHERE HEROIN ALLEGEDLY CAME IN HAPPY MEALS
A worker at a Pittsburgh McDonald's is charged with selling the drug to drive-thru customers who used the coded request "I'd like to order a toy."
10. SUPER BOWL TEAMS GET SET TO TACKLE THE COLD
Players reveal their tricks when it comes to plummeting temperatures, including heated benches and Vaseline — which they say when rubbed on bare skin can ward off the cold.