1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
A new budget deal to avert government shutdowns gains important ground among House Republicans, even though it would nudge federal deficits higher.
2. POLITICAL DIVIDE DEEPENING DIFFERENCES IN HEALTH COVERAGE
More people are picking private insurance plans or being routed to Medicaid programs in states with Democratic leaders than in Republican-led states.
3. UKRAINE'S PRESIDENT AGREES TO EU DEAL
European Union foreign policy chief says Yanukovych "intends to sign" the far-reaching agreement that he rejected only last month.
4. WHAT 'FAKE' INTERPRETER HAS TO SAY
The man who was incoherently signing next to world leaders at Mandela's memorial tells the AP that he was hallucinating, saw "angels," and has been violent in the past.
5. COURT DATE SET FOR REVENGE PORN SUSPECT
A San Diego man has been charged with operating a website that let people anonymously post explicit photos of others in an effort to extort money.
6. IRAQ WAR VET ACCUSED OF STEALING MILITARY IDs
The National Guardsman faces federal charges in connection with the theft of identities and security clearance levels of members of his former Army unit.
7. NASA DEALING WITH SPACE STATION MALFUNCTION
A valve on a pump on one of two external cooling loops shut down because it was too cool, but the agency says no astronauts are in danger.
8. WHERE TO PREPARE FOR DRONE JOBS
A North Dakota university's unmanned aircraft degree program, the nation's first, explodes from five students in 2009 to 120 students last year.
9. WHO WILL GET GOLDEN GLOBES
Expect to get more clarity on the entertainment awards season when nominations are announced in Beverly Hills, Calif.
10. MLB TO BAN HOME PLATE COLLISIONS
In a sport long bound by tradition, the expected ban will be a major step and could be imposed as soon as next season.
1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
Don't water your lawn in California, but don't let it turn brown either
LOS ANGELES — Laura Whitney and her husband, Michael Korte, don't know whether they're being good citizens during a drought or scofflaws.Continued ...
- Black-and-white stripes are the new orange?
- Shipwreck yields array of gold coins
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Man using 'blowtorch' to kill spider burns laundry room
- Negative effect: Pilot drops 3,000-pingpong ball payload on highway
- Don't water your lawn in California, but don't let it turn brown either
Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
Izzy talks about what to do when your friend doesnt invite you and moving to a new schoolContinued ...
- Ask Izzy: Middle School & Barbies
- Ask Izzy: Love your mom and how to choose your seat at lunch
- Ask Izzy: Maintaining Friendships
- Ask Izzy: Be Yourself
- Ask Izzy: Dance Recitals and Bullying
- Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
In a close battle, Zeus was named Pet of the Week by readers of www.dailyitem.com/dailyblast and the Daily Item's Facebook page last week.Continued ...
- Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
- Vote for Zeus, Lily, Pixie and Mr. Mystery
- Vote for Kitten, Sowie, Cocoa and Zoey
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. — Police investigating the theft of clothing and jewelry from a southern Illinois boutique say they arrested a woman after she posted Facebook photos of herself wearing one of the stolen items.Continued ...
- Rare blue-colored red king crab caught in Alaska
- Scientists name Puerto Rico water mite after JLo
- 2 arrested in mobile cheese loaf thefts
- Mass. store honors gift certificate from 1989
- Man claims kingdom so daughter can be princess
- I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
ALONG PENNS CREEK in Central Pennsylvania is one of the friendliest, most charming little boroughs you could ask for, and it’s called New Berlin.Continued ...
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 2
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 1
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 2
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 1
- Do You Do The Dip? - Part 2
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload
Astute fantasy football owner know NFL offseason team activities are filled with a lot more fluff than training camp.Continued ...
- Win your fantasy football league right now
- Daily Fantasy Sports: Hitters and pitchers to target for Thursday, July 3
- Want to print money? Start and run a successful daily fantasy site
- Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload