1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
A new budget deal to avert government shutdowns gains important ground among House Republicans, even though it would nudge federal deficits higher.
2. POLITICAL DIVIDE DEEPENING DIFFERENCES IN HEALTH COVERAGE
More people are picking private insurance plans or being routed to Medicaid programs in states with Democratic leaders than in Republican-led states.
3. UKRAINE'S PRESIDENT AGREES TO EU DEAL
European Union foreign policy chief says Yanukovych "intends to sign" the far-reaching agreement that he rejected only last month.
4. WHAT 'FAKE' INTERPRETER HAS TO SAY
The man who was incoherently signing next to world leaders at Mandela's memorial tells the AP that he was hallucinating, saw "angels," and has been violent in the past.
5. COURT DATE SET FOR REVENGE PORN SUSPECT
A San Diego man has been charged with operating a website that let people anonymously post explicit photos of others in an effort to extort money.
6. IRAQ WAR VET ACCUSED OF STEALING MILITARY IDs
The National Guardsman faces federal charges in connection with the theft of identities and security clearance levels of members of his former Army unit.
7. NASA DEALING WITH SPACE STATION MALFUNCTION
A valve on a pump on one of two external cooling loops shut down because it was too cool, but the agency says no astronauts are in danger.
8. WHERE TO PREPARE FOR DRONE JOBS
A North Dakota university's unmanned aircraft degree program, the nation's first, explodes from five students in 2009 to 120 students last year.
9. WHO WILL GET GOLDEN GLOBES
Expect to get more clarity on the entertainment awards season when nominations are announced in Beverly Hills, Calif.
10. MLB TO BAN HOME PLATE COLLISIONS
In a sport long bound by tradition, the expected ban will be a major step and could be imposed as soon as next season.
1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
Amazon drone buzzes space needle
SEATTLE — An Amazon.com employee from out of town was the operator of a drone that buzzed the Seattle Space Needle this week, police said.Continued ...
- Pizza shop, turnpike prepare for court battle
- Lost: 400-pound red bull
- Pa. man convicted in 'leftover' pot trial
- New Headline This Photo!
- Black-and-white stripes are the new orange?
- Amazon drone buzzes space needle
Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Izzy talks about how to deal with a friend who tells all your secrets and what to do when your brother causes all the fights.Continued ...
- Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
- Ask Izzy: Middle School & Barbies
- Ask Izzy: Love your mom and how to choose your seat at lunch
- Ask Izzy: Maintaining Friendships
- Ask Izzy: Be Yourself
- Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m. July 27. The readers' favorite will be announced on July 28. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning July 29.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
- Vote for Zeus, Lily, Pixie and Mr. Mystery
- Vote for Kitten, Sowie, Cocoa and Zoey
- Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
Cough: Minor league manager gets prostate exam in front of packed stadium
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A minor league baseball manager in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, has done his part to spread prostate cancer awareness — he had a prostate cancer exam before a field packed with baseball fans.Continued ...
- My backyard is not a rest stop!
- Duckling Samaritan ticketed
- PANTY RAID! 200 unmentionables stolen from Georgia mall
- I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
- Rare blue-colored red king crab caught in Alaska
- Cough: Minor league manager gets prostate exam in front of packed stadium
How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
It can be confusing finding your way around Central Pennsylvania. I once got directions from a sweet old Pennsylvania Dutchman who told me to turn left just past Fisher’s Furry.Continued ...
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 2
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 1
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 2
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 1
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
Fantasy Football Economics: 101
Fantasy football is a game of economics. Most people see the word economics, think economy and then think money. But economics is really about accomplishing tasks with limited resources -- many time those resources are financial.Continued ...
- Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload
- Win your fantasy football league right now
- Daily Fantasy Sports: Hitters and pitchers to target for Thursday, July 3
- Fantasy Football Economics: 101