1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
A new budget deal to avert government shutdowns gains important ground among House Republicans, even though it would nudge federal deficits higher.
2. POLITICAL DIVIDE DEEPENING DIFFERENCES IN HEALTH COVERAGE
More people are picking private insurance plans or being routed to Medicaid programs in states with Democratic leaders than in Republican-led states.
3. UKRAINE'S PRESIDENT AGREES TO EU DEAL
European Union foreign policy chief says Yanukovych "intends to sign" the far-reaching agreement that he rejected only last month.
4. WHAT 'FAKE' INTERPRETER HAS TO SAY
The man who was incoherently signing next to world leaders at Mandela's memorial tells the AP that he was hallucinating, saw "angels," and has been violent in the past.
5. COURT DATE SET FOR REVENGE PORN SUSPECT
A San Diego man has been charged with operating a website that let people anonymously post explicit photos of others in an effort to extort money.
6. IRAQ WAR VET ACCUSED OF STEALING MILITARY IDs
The National Guardsman faces federal charges in connection with the theft of identities and security clearance levels of members of his former Army unit.
7. NASA DEALING WITH SPACE STATION MALFUNCTION
A valve on a pump on one of two external cooling loops shut down because it was too cool, but the agency says no astronauts are in danger.
8. WHERE TO PREPARE FOR DRONE JOBS
A North Dakota university's unmanned aircraft degree program, the nation's first, explodes from five students in 2009 to 120 students last year.
9. WHO WILL GET GOLDEN GLOBES
Expect to get more clarity on the entertainment awards season when nominations are announced in Beverly Hills, Calif.
10. MLB TO BAN HOME PLATE COLLISIONS
In a sport long bound by tradition, the expected ban will be a major step and could be imposed as soon as next season.
1. COMPROMISE COMES TO CAPITOL HILL
- Cop poses as Amish woman to halt flasher
- Why so hangry? Eat a snack
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet
- Americans report increase in online information theft
- Equifax is tough: No credit for God
- What will politics look like in ‘The Next America’?
- Shale gas boom leaves wind power developers seeking more subsidy
- Neither rain, nor sleet, you know the rest.
- Protecting your passwords after Heartbleed
- Colbert loves science
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Herva, Simba, Kittens and Yogi need your vote
- Photo Fun
- SPCA Pets of the Week:Alexandria, Betsy, Champ and Sage need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (April 7): MoeJoe
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Angel, Moejoe, Snootz and Ranger need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (March 31): Scout and Baylor
- Defendant drove stolen car to court appearance
- Super lame Michigan water tower gets second look
- In Indiana you are required to pour your drink into a glass
- Thief needed help with stolen laptop and called support!
- Flashing headlights free speech? Judge says so
- Customer support leads police to witless computer thief
- Case quacked: Loud intruder just a duck
- I have your phone, here is my selfie!
- Mounties chase tractor thief with a snowmobile!
- More than 100 species of trees are native to Indiana
DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
Are you Dutchified?Continued ...
GOING BACK — If you are feeling sicker than you were before, you’re going back.
CAME ALONG BEHIND — Refers to a child who decided to be born several years after his or her older siblings.
DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
No matter who you’re talking about or how old they are, we all dittzle at times.Continued ...
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- To be? That is the question ... Part 2
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball: Who is Chris Colabello?
- 2014 Fantasy baseball: Draft a slumpdeedumpdy? Just wait it out for now
- Top 20 first baseman for 2014: Pay the gold price for a 1B in 2014
- The Fantasy Baseball Top 10 for 2014
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Was 2013 Todd Frazier slump or true skill?
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier