1. SYRIA TALKS THREATEN TO COLLAPSE
Both sides quickly stake out contrary — and perhaps irreconcilable — positions on whether Assad should stay or go.
2. ISRAEL SAYS IT FOILED AL-QAIDA ATTACK ON US EMBASSY IN TEL AVIV
Analysts say the planned suicide bombing marks the first time the terror network's leadership has been directly involved in plotting an attack inside Israel.
3. WHO'S TAKING HEAT OVER WINTER STORM
Bill de Blasio, New York's new mayor, is facing complaints that plowing lagged in Manhattan's posh Upper East Side after Tuesday's heavy snow.
4. OBAMA SHINES LIGHT ON COLLEGE SEXUAL ASSAULTS
A new White House report says no one in America is more at risk of being a victim than college women — with one in five having been attacked while pursuing their degree.
5. HOW FERNANDEZ ALLAYED HEALTH FEARS
The Argentine president speaks publicly for the first time in 42 days — an unusually long silence that had led to speculation she was ill.
6. BOY, 8, HAILED AS HERO
Authorities say he died trying to save his grandfather after rescuing six other relatives from the family's burning mobile home in New York state.
7. THREE BOYS, ALL ALIKE
A California couple welcomes identical triplets into the world — an extremely rare occurrence among naturally conceived offspring.
8. WATER FOUND ON DWARF PLANET
A team led by the European Space Agency detects water plumes spewing from two regions on Ceres, a Texas-sized planet in the asteroid belt.
9. WHAT TO WATCH FOR ON GRAMMY NIGHT
The AP's Chris Talbott predicts this year's top water-cooler moment will come when Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr take the stage.
10. YANKEES CONTINUE SPENDING SPREE
The team signs prized Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka to a $155 million deal, leaving little chance it will get under MLB's $189 million luxury tax threshold.
1. SYRIA TALKS THREATEN TO COLLAPSE
Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with rats
PARIS — Rats are on the rampage in the elegant garden of the Louvre Museum, so bold they romp on the grass in broad daylight, defying death threats from sanitation workers and scaring tourists.Continued ...
- Yes! Former WWE champ catches suspected burglar
- Amazon drone buzzes space needle
- Pizza shop, turnpike prepare for court battle
- Lost: 400-pound red bull
- Pa. man convicted in 'leftover' pot trial
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with rats
Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Izzy talks about how to deal with a friend who tells all your secrets and what to do when your brother causes all the fights.Continued ...
- Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
- Ask Izzy: Middle School & Barbies
- Ask Izzy: Love your mom and how to choose your seat at lunch
- Ask Izzy: Maintaining Friendships
- Ask Izzy: Be Yourself
- Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Vote for Toby, Buddy, Memphis or Angel
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m. Aug. 3. The readers' favorite will be announced on Aug. 4. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning Aug. 5.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 28): Ace
- Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
- Vote for Toby, Buddy, Memphis or Angel
A few drops, but Rain Day tradition continues in Waynesburg
WAYNESBURG — It's just a sprinkle, but it counts enough for people in a southwestern Pennsylvania town to celebrate Rain Day.Continued ...
- No ticket for 'Shrek' over noise, chief says
- Cough: Minor league manager gets prostate exam in front of packed stadium
- My backyard is not a rest stop!
- Duckling Samaritan ticketed
- PANTY RAID! 200 unmentionables stolen from Georgia mall
- A few drops, but Rain Day tradition continues in Waynesburg
How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
It can be confusing finding your way around Central Pennsylvania. I once got directions from a sweet old Pennsylvania Dutchman who told me to turn left just past Fisher’s Furry.Continued ...
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 2
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 1
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 2
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 1
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
Fantasy Football Economics: 101
Fantasy football is a game of economics. Most people see the word economics, think economy and then think money. But economics is really about accomplishing tasks with limited resources -- many time those resources are financial.Continued ...
- Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload
- Win your fantasy football league right now
- Daily Fantasy Sports: Hitters and pitchers to target for Thursday, July 3
- Fantasy Football Economics: 101