1. SYRIA TALKS THREATEN TO COLLAPSE
Both sides quickly stake out contrary — and perhaps irreconcilable — positions on whether Assad should stay or go.
2. ISRAEL SAYS IT FOILED AL-QAIDA ATTACK ON US EMBASSY IN TEL AVIV
Analysts say the planned suicide bombing marks the first time the terror network's leadership has been directly involved in plotting an attack inside Israel.
3. WHO'S TAKING HEAT OVER WINTER STORM
Bill de Blasio, New York's new mayor, is facing complaints that plowing lagged in Manhattan's posh Upper East Side after Tuesday's heavy snow.
4. OBAMA SHINES LIGHT ON COLLEGE SEXUAL ASSAULTS
A new White House report says no one in America is more at risk of being a victim than college women — with one in five having been attacked while pursuing their degree.
5. HOW FERNANDEZ ALLAYED HEALTH FEARS
The Argentine president speaks publicly for the first time in 42 days — an unusually long silence that had led to speculation she was ill.
6. BOY, 8, HAILED AS HERO
Authorities say he died trying to save his grandfather after rescuing six other relatives from the family's burning mobile home in New York state.
7. THREE BOYS, ALL ALIKE
A California couple welcomes identical triplets into the world — an extremely rare occurrence among naturally conceived offspring.
8. WATER FOUND ON DWARF PLANET
A team led by the European Space Agency detects water plumes spewing from two regions on Ceres, a Texas-sized planet in the asteroid belt.
9. WHAT TO WATCH FOR ON GRAMMY NIGHT
The AP's Chris Talbott predicts this year's top water-cooler moment will come when Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr take the stage.
10. YANKEES CONTINUE SPENDING SPREE
The team signs prized Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka to a $155 million deal, leaving little chance it will get under MLB's $189 million luxury tax threshold.
1. SYRIA TALKS THREATEN TO COLLAPSE
Don't water your lawn in California, but don't let it turn brown either
LOS ANGELES — Laura Whitney and her husband, Michael Korte, don't know whether they're being good citizens during a drought or scofflaws.Continued ...
- New Headline This Photo!
- Black-and-white stripes are the new orange?
- Shipwreck yields array of gold coins
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- Man using 'blowtorch' to kill spider burns laundry room
- Don't water your lawn in California, but don't let it turn brown either
Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
Izzy talks about what to do when your friend doesnt invite you and moving to a new schoolContinued ...
- Ask Izzy: Middle School & Barbies
- Ask Izzy: Love your mom and how to choose your seat at lunch
- Ask Izzy: Maintaining Friendships
- Ask Izzy: Be Yourself
- Ask Izzy: Dance Recitals and Bullying
- Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
In a close battle, Zeus was named Pet of the Week by readers of www.dailyitem.com/dailyblast and the Daily Item's Facebook page last week.Continued ...
- Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
- Vote for Zeus, Lily, Pixie and Mr. Mystery
- Vote for Kitten, Sowie, Cocoa and Zoey
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
WEST FRANKFORT, Ill. — Police investigating the theft of clothing and jewelry from a southern Illinois boutique say they arrested a woman after she posted Facebook photos of herself wearing one of the stolen items.Continued ...
- Rare blue-colored red king crab caught in Alaska
- Scientists name Puerto Rico water mite after JLo
- 2 arrested in mobile cheese loaf thefts
- Mass. store honors gift certificate from 1989
- Man claims kingdom so daughter can be princess
- I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
ALONG PENNS CREEK in Central Pennsylvania is one of the friendliest, most charming little boroughs you could ask for, and it’s called New Berlin.Continued ...
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 2
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 1
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 2
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 1
- Do You Do The Dip? - Part 2
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload
Astute fantasy football owner know NFL offseason team activities are filled with a lot more fluff than training camp.Continued ...
- Win your fantasy football league right now
- Daily Fantasy Sports: Hitters and pitchers to target for Thursday, July 3
- Want to print money? Start and run a successful daily fantasy site
- Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload