1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Amid cold, driving rain world leaders and South Africans gather to remember "a global icon of forgiveness."
2. WHO'S GOING TO WIN THE DATA WAR
As the U.S. tracks and analyzes cellphone and Internet activity in search of terrorists, it's instigating a battle with technology companies that do much the same thing in search of profits.
3. A YEAR LATER, NEWTOWN BRACES FOR 12/14
There are 26 bronze stars that sit atop the local firehouse, one for each adult and child gunned down on an unimaginable winter day at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
4. WESTERN DIPLOMATS HEAD TO UKRAINE
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland are expected in Kiev to try to defuse the crisis.
5. CONGRESS VOTES TO RENEW BAN ON PLASTIC GUNS
But tougher restrictions, like requiring metal parts that cannot be removed, are defeated by Republicans.
6. ELIAN GONZALEZ TRAVELS ABROAD
The young Cuban boy who was the subject of an international custody fight in 2000 is on his first overseas trip since being reunited with his father.
7. VETERAN SAYS NORTH KOREA STATEMENT WAS COERCED
Former U.S. Army Lt. Merrill Newman, 85, says he was threatened with a lengthy prison sentence if he did not apologize for killing North Koreans during the war.
8. WHAT OKLAHOMA SAYS ABOUT SATANISTS' STATUE
Legislative leaders try to ease concerns over a request by a New York-based group to erect a monument to Satan alongside the Ten Commandments at the state Capitol.
9. HOW 'TITAN ARM' CAN LEND A HELPING HAND
A robotic device invented by University of Pennsylvania engineering students can assist its wearer carry an additional 40 pounds.
10. ANTARCTICA'S DEEP-FREEZE RECORD
NASA satellite data reveals the icy continent hit minus 135.8 in August 2010.
Your daily look at late-breaking news for December 10th
1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
- Cop poses as Amish woman to halt flasher
- Why so hangry? Eat a snack
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet
- Americans report increase in online information theft
- Equifax is tough: No credit for God
- What will politics look like in ‘The Next America’?
- Shale gas boom leaves wind power developers seeking more subsidy
- Neither rain, nor sleet, you know the rest.
- Protecting your passwords after Heartbleed
- Colbert loves science
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Herva, Simba, Kittens and Yogi need your vote
- Photo Fun
- SPCA Pets of the Week:Alexandria, Betsy, Champ and Sage need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (April 7): MoeJoe
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Angel, Moejoe, Snootz and Ranger need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (March 31): Scout and Baylor
- Defendant drove stolen car to court appearance
- Super lame Michigan water tower gets second look
- In Indiana you are required to pour your drink into a glass
- Thief needed help with stolen laptop and called support!
- Flashing headlights free speech? Judge says so
- Customer support leads police to witless computer thief
- Case quacked: Loud intruder just a duck
- I have your phone, here is my selfie!
- Mounties chase tractor thief with a snowmobile!
- More than 100 species of trees are native to Indiana
DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
Are you Dutchified?Continued ...
GOING BACK — If you are feeling sicker than you were before, you’re going back.
CAME ALONG BEHIND — Refers to a child who decided to be born several years after his or her older siblings.
DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
No matter who you’re talking about or how old they are, we all dittzle at times.Continued ...
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- To be? That is the question ... Part 2
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball: Who is Chris Colabello?
- 2014 Fantasy baseball: Draft a slumpdeedumpdy? Just wait it out for now
- Top 20 first baseman for 2014: Pay the gold price for a 1B in 2014
- The Fantasy Baseball Top 10 for 2014
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Was 2013 Todd Frazier slump or true skill?
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier