1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Amid cold, driving rain world leaders and South Africans gather to remember "a global icon of forgiveness."
2. WHO'S GOING TO WIN THE DATA WAR
As the U.S. tracks and analyzes cellphone and Internet activity in search of terrorists, it's instigating a battle with technology companies that do much the same thing in search of profits.
3. A YEAR LATER, NEWTOWN BRACES FOR 12/14
There are 26 bronze stars that sit atop the local firehouse, one for each adult and child gunned down on an unimaginable winter day at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
4. WESTERN DIPLOMATS HEAD TO UKRAINE
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland are expected in Kiev to try to defuse the crisis.
5. CONGRESS VOTES TO RENEW BAN ON PLASTIC GUNS
But tougher restrictions, like requiring metal parts that cannot be removed, are defeated by Republicans.
6. ELIAN GONZALEZ TRAVELS ABROAD
The young Cuban boy who was the subject of an international custody fight in 2000 is on his first overseas trip since being reunited with his father.
7. VETERAN SAYS NORTH KOREA STATEMENT WAS COERCED
Former U.S. Army Lt. Merrill Newman, 85, says he was threatened with a lengthy prison sentence if he did not apologize for killing North Koreans during the war.
8. WHAT OKLAHOMA SAYS ABOUT SATANISTS' STATUE
Legislative leaders try to ease concerns over a request by a New York-based group to erect a monument to Satan alongside the Ten Commandments at the state Capitol.
9. HOW 'TITAN ARM' CAN LEND A HELPING HAND
A robotic device invented by University of Pennsylvania engineering students can assist its wearer carry an additional 40 pounds.
10. ANTARCTICA'S DEEP-FREEZE RECORD
NASA satellite data reveals the icy continent hit minus 135.8 in August 2010.
Your daily look at late-breaking news for December 10th
1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Czech deer still stuck behind Iron Curtain
The Iron Curtain was traced by an electrified barbed-wire fence that isolated the communist world from the West.Continued ...
- Robber's spud gun no match for baseball bat-wielding manager
- But they have nice personalities... Lucey crowned most beautiful bulldog
- A browser extension that replaces ‘literally’ with ‘figuratively’
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Stuck on a college wait list? Do this.
- Apps for parents curb distracted teen drivers
- Burp, I should have had a V-8!
- Hey dude, where's my TV?
- Buffalo butter lamb gets pardon
- Czech deer still stuck behind Iron Curtain
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Herva, Simba, Kittens and Yogi need your vote
- Vote for Jazzy, Boogie, Bailey or Sugar
- Photo Fun
- SPCA Pets of the Week:Alexandria, Betsy, Champ and Sage need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (April 7): MoeJoe
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Angel, Moejoe, Snootz and Ranger need your votes
Do Something Nice For Dad
Unable to attend the funeral after his father died, a son who lived far away called his brother and told him, "Do something nice for Dad and send me the bill."Continued ...
- The Vets Die-agnosis
- The Evil Brother
- The Mechanical Doctor
- The Art Collector
- Two Social Workers
- Mud Baths
- Losing His Memory
- Do Something Nice For Dad
No Dew for you!
A Florida elementary school has decided to stop letting students “Do the Dew” prior to taking standardized tests.Continued ...
- Hold the chocolate, I'll take a veggie cone!
- Northampton firefighters rescue Easter Bunny
- The Saturday Evening Post is published in Indianapolis
- Filipinos nailed to cross in Easter ritual frowned on by church
- Dog uses tires for chew toy
- Refill patrol: 89-cent drink nearly cost $525
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty?
- Defendant drove stolen car to court appearance
- Super lame Michigan water tower gets second look
- No Dew for you!
Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
You might like mangoes, and you might like custard.Continued ...
DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
No matter who you’re talking about or how old they are, we all dittzle at times.Continued ...
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball: Who is Chris Colabello?
- 2014 Fantasy baseball: Draft a slumpdeedumpdy? Just wait it out for now
- Top 20 first baseman for 2014: Pay the gold price for a 1B in 2014
- The Fantasy Baseball Top 10 for 2014
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Was 2013 Todd Frazier slump or true skill?
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier