1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Amid cold, driving rain world leaders and South Africans gather to remember "a global icon of forgiveness."
2. WHO'S GOING TO WIN THE DATA WAR
As the U.S. tracks and analyzes cellphone and Internet activity in search of terrorists, it's instigating a battle with technology companies that do much the same thing in search of profits.
3. A YEAR LATER, NEWTOWN BRACES FOR 12/14
There are 26 bronze stars that sit atop the local firehouse, one for each adult and child gunned down on an unimaginable winter day at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
4. WESTERN DIPLOMATS HEAD TO UKRAINE
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton and U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland are expected in Kiev to try to defuse the crisis.
5. CONGRESS VOTES TO RENEW BAN ON PLASTIC GUNS
But tougher restrictions, like requiring metal parts that cannot be removed, are defeated by Republicans.
6. ELIAN GONZALEZ TRAVELS ABROAD
The young Cuban boy who was the subject of an international custody fight in 2000 is on his first overseas trip since being reunited with his father.
7. VETERAN SAYS NORTH KOREA STATEMENT WAS COERCED
Former U.S. Army Lt. Merrill Newman, 85, says he was threatened with a lengthy prison sentence if he did not apologize for killing North Koreans during the war.
8. WHAT OKLAHOMA SAYS ABOUT SATANISTS' STATUE
Legislative leaders try to ease concerns over a request by a New York-based group to erect a monument to Satan alongside the Ten Commandments at the state Capitol.
9. HOW 'TITAN ARM' CAN LEND A HELPING HAND
A robotic device invented by University of Pennsylvania engineering students can assist its wearer carry an additional 40 pounds.
10. ANTARCTICA'S DEEP-FREEZE RECORD
NASA satellite data reveals the icy continent hit minus 135.8 in August 2010.
Your daily look at late-breaking news for December 10th
1. A CEREMONY TO HONOR MANDELA
Amazon drone buzzes space needle
SEATTLE — An Amazon.com employee from out of town was the operator of a drone that buzzed the Seattle Space Needle this week, police said.Continued ...
- Pizza shop, turnpike prepare for court battle
- Lost: 400-pound red bull
- Pa. man convicted in 'leftover' pot trial
- New Headline This Photo!
- Black-and-white stripes are the new orange?
- Amazon drone buzzes space needle
Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Izzy talks about how to deal with a friend who tells all your secrets and what to do when your brother causes all the fights.Continued ...
- Ask Izzy: Moving and Best Friends
- Ask Izzy: Middle School & Barbies
- Ask Izzy: Love your mom and how to choose your seat at lunch
- Ask Izzy: Maintaining Friendships
- Ask Izzy: Be Yourself
- Ask Izzy: Secrets & Sibling Revenge
Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m. July 27. The readers' favorite will be announced on July 28. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning July 29.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 28): Ace
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (July 21): Zeus
- Vote for Zeus, Lily, Pixie and Mr. Mystery
- Vote for Ace, Zeus, Angel or Sammy
Cough: Minor league manager gets prostate exam in front of packed stadium
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A minor league baseball manager in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, has done his part to spread prostate cancer awareness — he had a prostate cancer exam before a field packed with baseball fans.Continued ...
- My backyard is not a rest stop!
- Duckling Samaritan ticketed
- PANTY RAID! 200 unmentionables stolen from Georgia mall
- I need to get away with this dress ... but first let me take a selfie
- Rare blue-colored red king crab caught in Alaska
- Cough: Minor league manager gets prostate exam in front of packed stadium
How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
It can be confusing finding your way around Central Pennsylvania. I once got directions from a sweet old Pennsylvania Dutchman who told me to turn left just past Fisher’s Furry.Continued ...
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 1
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 2
- Our Waliant Wets - Part 1
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 2
- Yo, Youse Guys Coming? - Part 1
- How do you say New Berlin? - Part 2
Fantasy Football Economics: 101
Fantasy football is a game of economics. Most people see the word economics, think economy and then think money. But economics is really about accomplishing tasks with limited resources -- many time those resources are financial.Continued ...
- Training camps start, prepare for fantasy football information overload
- Win your fantasy football league right now
- Daily Fantasy Sports: Hitters and pitchers to target for Thursday, July 3
- Fantasy Football Economics: 101