1. GRIDLOCK EASES ON CAPITOL HILL
A budget deal is reached that would avert about $63 billion in automatic spending cuts. It's expected to be approved by both houses.
2. WHAT THE VOLCKER RULE AIMS TO PREVENT
Designed to defuse the kind of extreme risk-taking on Wall Street that helped trigger the 2008 financial crisis, it would affect how big banks do business.
3. UKRAINE POLICE STAND DOWN AFTER PROTEST GROWS
Anti-government protesters claim victory after a showdown in which authorities scuffled with demonstrators in the capital.
4. NEXT STEPS IN MANDELA FAREWELL
The casket of the anti-apartheid icon, draped in the multi-colored South African flag, arrives at the seat of power in the country's capital for public viewing.
5. AMERICANS HOLD CONGRESS, OBAMA IN LOW REGARD
A new poll shows that nearly two-thirds of people would like to see their House member replaced, and 58 percent disapprove of the president's performance.
6. WHY OBAMA GREETING CASTRO MATTERS
Two presidents shaking hands usually isn't noteworthy, but when they are from nations that have been mired in Cold War antagonism for more than five decades, people pay attention.
7. URUGUAY'S CONGRESS OK'S GOVERNMENT-RUN MARIJUANA MARKET
The plan now awaits the signature of the country's president, who says he's convinced the global drug war is a failure.
8. SCIENTISTS PLAN TRICKY RENDEZVOUS WITH COMET
The European Space Agency is planning to land an unmanned spacecraft on a comet next year in an unprecedented mission.
9. FAMILY DISPUTES POLICE CLAIMS IN SHOOTING DEATH
The parents of a San Antonio university student shot and killed by a campus officer say the official account is inconsistent with their son's character.
10. WHO WON'T BE SKATING AT SOCHI
America's Evan Lysacek, the reigning Olympic figure skating champ, announces that a hip injury will keep him from competing.
1. GRIDLOCK EASES ON CAPITOL HILL
Buffalo butter lamb gets pardon
BUFFALO, N.Y. — There's at least one butter lamb in Buffalo that won't be going under the knife this Easter.Continued ...
- Nebraska toddler gets stuck inside claw machine
- Cop poses as Amish woman to halt flasher
- Why so hangry? Eat a snack
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet
- Americans report increase in online information theft
- Equifax is tough: No credit for God
- What will politics look like in ‘The Next America’?
- Shale gas boom leaves wind power developers seeking more subsidy
- Neither rain, nor sleet, you know the rest.
- Buffalo butter lamb gets pardon
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Herva, Simba, Kittens and Yogi need your vote
- Photo Fun
- SPCA Pets of the Week:Alexandria, Betsy, Champ and Sage need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (April 7): MoeJoe
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Angel, Moejoe, Snootz and Ranger need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (March 31): Scout and Baylor
Refill patrol: 89-cent drink nearly cost $525
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — A man who faced a $525 fine for refilling an 89-cent drink at a Veterans Affairs hospital apparently will get off with a warning.Continued ...
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty?
- Defendant drove stolen car to court appearance
- Super lame Michigan water tower gets second look
- In Indiana you are required to pour your drink into a glass
- Thief needed help with stolen laptop and called support!
- Flashing headlights free speech? Judge says so
- Customer support leads police to witless computer thief
- Case quacked: Loud intruder just a duck
- I have your phone, here is my selfie!
- Refill patrol: 89-cent drink nearly cost $525
DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
No matter who you’re talking about or how old they are, we all dittzle at times.Continued ...
DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
Are you Dutchified?Continued ...
GOING BACK — If you are feeling sicker than you were before, you’re going back.
CAME ALONG BEHIND — Refers to a child who decided to be born several years after his or her older siblings.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- To be? That is the question ... Part 2
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball: Who is Chris Colabello?
- 2014 Fantasy baseball: Draft a slumpdeedumpdy? Just wait it out for now
- Top 20 first baseman for 2014: Pay the gold price for a 1B in 2014
- The Fantasy Baseball Top 10 for 2014
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Was 2013 Todd Frazier slump or true skill?
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier