1. GRIDLOCK EASES ON CAPITOL HILL
A budget deal is reached that would avert about $63 billion in automatic spending cuts. It's expected to be approved by both houses.
2. WHAT THE VOLCKER RULE AIMS TO PREVENT
Designed to defuse the kind of extreme risk-taking on Wall Street that helped trigger the 2008 financial crisis, it would affect how big banks do business.
3. UKRAINE POLICE STAND DOWN AFTER PROTEST GROWS
Anti-government protesters claim victory after a showdown in which authorities scuffled with demonstrators in the capital.
4. NEXT STEPS IN MANDELA FAREWELL
The casket of the anti-apartheid icon, draped in the multi-colored South African flag, arrives at the seat of power in the country's capital for public viewing.
5. AMERICANS HOLD CONGRESS, OBAMA IN LOW REGARD
A new poll shows that nearly two-thirds of people would like to see their House member replaced, and 58 percent disapprove of the president's performance.
6. WHY OBAMA GREETING CASTRO MATTERS
Two presidents shaking hands usually isn't noteworthy, but when they are from nations that have been mired in Cold War antagonism for more than five decades, people pay attention.
7. URUGUAY'S CONGRESS OK'S GOVERNMENT-RUN MARIJUANA MARKET
The plan now awaits the signature of the country's president, who says he's convinced the global drug war is a failure.
8. SCIENTISTS PLAN TRICKY RENDEZVOUS WITH COMET
The European Space Agency is planning to land an unmanned spacecraft on a comet next year in an unprecedented mission.
9. FAMILY DISPUTES POLICE CLAIMS IN SHOOTING DEATH
The parents of a San Antonio university student shot and killed by a campus officer say the official account is inconsistent with their son's character.
10. WHO WON'T BE SKATING AT SOCHI
America's Evan Lysacek, the reigning Olympic figure skating champ, announces that a hip injury will keep him from competing.
1. GRIDLOCK EASES ON CAPITOL HILL
Czech deer still stuck behind Iron Curtain
The Iron Curtain was traced by an electrified barbed-wire fence that isolated the communist world from the West.Continued ...
- Robber's spud gun no match for baseball bat-wielding manager
- But they have nice personalities... Lucey crowned most beautiful bulldog
- A browser extension that replaces ‘literally’ with ‘figuratively’
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Stuck on a college wait list? Do this.
- Apps for parents curb distracted teen drivers
- Burp, I should have had a V-8!
- Hey dude, where's my TV?
- Buffalo butter lamb gets pardon
- Czech deer still stuck behind Iron Curtain
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Herva, Simba, Kittens and Yogi need your vote
- Vote for Jazzy, Boogie, Bailey or Sugar
- Photo Fun
- SPCA Pets of the Week:Alexandria, Betsy, Champ and Sage need your votes
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (April 7): MoeJoe
- SPCA Pets of the Week: Angel, Moejoe, Snootz and Ranger need your votes
Do Something Nice For Dad
Unable to attend the funeral after his father died, a son who lived far away called his brother and told him, "Do something nice for Dad and send me the bill."Continued ...
- The Vets Die-agnosis
- The Evil Brother
- The Mechanical Doctor
- The Art Collector
- Two Social Workers
- Mud Baths
- Losing His Memory
- Do Something Nice For Dad
No Dew for you!
A Florida elementary school has decided to stop letting students “Do the Dew” prior to taking standardized tests.Continued ...
- Hold the chocolate, I'll take a veggie cone!
- Northampton firefighters rescue Easter Bunny
- The Saturday Evening Post is published in Indianapolis
- Filipinos nailed to cross in Easter ritual frowned on by church
- Dog uses tires for chew toy
- Refill patrol: 89-cent drink nearly cost $525
- Did a German shepherd get called to jury duty?
- Defendant drove stolen car to court appearance
- Super lame Michigan water tower gets second look
- No Dew for you!
Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
You might like mangoes, and you might like custard.Continued ...
DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
No matter who you’re talking about or how old they are, we all dittzle at times.Continued ...
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball: Who is Chris Colabello?
- 2014 Fantasy baseball: Draft a slumpdeedumpdy? Just wait it out for now
- Top 20 first baseman for 2014: Pay the gold price for a 1B in 2014
- The Fantasy Baseball Top 10 for 2014
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Was 2013 Todd Frazier slump or true skill?
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier