Negative effect: Pilot drops 3,000-pingpong ball payload on highway
BLACKFOOT, Idaho — A pilot who dropped 3,000 pingpong balls that were redeemable for prizes missed a crowd assembled for the stunt and instead hit a nearby interstate.Continued ...
- Car thief piles up miles from Miami to Blaine, Wash.
- Plane's swastika banner spurs criticism around NYC
- Mountaintop removal for coal hurts water quality and harms fish, study says
- Charges: Wanted man karate kicks police horse
- Active mind and body fend off Alzheimer’s, study says
- Negative effect: Pilot drops 3,000-pingpong ball payload on highway
Vote fore Ahkota, Charlie and Duke
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m. June 15. The readers' favorite will be announced on June 16. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning June 17.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (June 9): Paxton and Chloe
- Vote for Midnight, Chloe, Sophie and Paxton
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (June 2): Shelia
- Vote fore Ahkota, Charlie and Duke
No fish story: Angler hauls in 482-pound halibut in Alaska
SANTA ANA, Calif. — A California man hooked the catch of a lifetime while on vacation in Alaska.Continued ...
- Cat goes berserk, prompts 911 call
- Energy down: Red Bull spills onto I-95 in Florida truck crash
- 100-year-old German turns tables on trickster
- Buddhist monks get wild on 4th, cited for illegal fireworks
- Can plants hear?: Study finds that vibrations prompt some to boost their defenses
- No fish story: Angler hauls in 482-pound halibut in Alaska
Green pepper ice cream? Part 2
Custard is another word with a loose interpretation in certain areas of Pennsylvania.Continued ...
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 2