Mountaintop removal for coal hurts water quality and harms fish, study says
WASHINGTON — In West Virginia’s Appalachian Mountains, fish are vanishing. The number of species has fallen, the populations of those that remain are down, and some individual fish look a little skinny.Continued ...
- Charges: Wanted man karate kicks police horse
- Active mind and body fend off Alzheimer’s, study says
- Colleges barring sex still must regulate it
- Odor test, eye exam might detect early Alzheimer’s
- Pennsylvania man's draft notice was 102 years late
- Mountaintop removal for coal hurts water quality and harms fish, study says
Vote for Midnight, Chloe, Sophie and Paxton
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight four pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m. June 8. The readers' favorite will be announced on June 9. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning June 10.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (June 2): Shelia
- Vote for Shelia, Lilybelle, Brody and kittens
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (May 27): Marie
- Vote for Midnight, Chloe, Sophie and Paxton
100-year-old German turns tables on trickster
BERLIN — This 100-year-old German woman was too sharp for a would-be trickster.Continued ...
- Buddhist monks get wild on 4th, cited for illegal fireworks
- Can plants hear?: Study finds that vibrations prompt some to boost their defenses
- Finnish couple wins quirky 'wife carrying' race
- Waitresses at Colorado eatery carry loaded guns
- Psychedelic mushrooms may have positive long-term effects
- 100-year-old German turns tables on trickster
Green pepper ice cream? Part 2
Custard is another word with a loose interpretation in certain areas of Pennsylvania.Continued ...
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 1
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 2
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- Green pepper ice cream? Part 2