Farmers' lost phone takes trip to Japan, comes home
TULSA, Okla. — Oklahoma farmer Kevin Whitney thought his iPhone was lost for good when it fell into a grain elevator last year. Eight months later, his phone was returned unscathed after a trip to Japan.Continued ...
- Police: Hygiene-minded thieves steal $2,000 in soap, other products
- The ‘perfect Aryan’ baby was Jewish
- A newly declared species may be the largest flying bird to ever live
- Sold! 18-resident California town has new owner
- Favorite Summer Treat Photo Contest Winner
- Farmers' lost phone takes trip to Japan, comes home
Vote for Thor, Zeus, Pokey or Marie
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight four pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m.May 25. The readers' favorite will be announced on May 26. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning the same day.
- Vote for Mack, Charlie, Terrier puppies or Scout
- SPCA Pets of the Week! (May 12): Norrington
- Vote for Rocket, Cinnamon, Lexy and Norrington
- Vote for Thor, Zeus, Pokey or Marie
Groom chases down wedding gift thief
JOPLIN, Mo. — A Kansas couple who had just renewed their wedding vows got a rude shock when a man tried to steal wedding gifts from the reception and the groom ran after him shouting "Stop! Thief! Stop!"Continued ...
- Resident subdues would-be burglar with fake gun
- Chicken Thief!
- Watch Out: Hot Spider!
- Gold-plated KFC chicken bone necklaces are already sold out
- Assault with a dangerous weapon, a Tractor.
- Groom chases down wedding gift thief
Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
Do you think it will make rain? (Denkshu es gebt raiga?)Continued ...
Don't ax (ask) me foolish questions.
Don't forget to slop (feed the garbage to) the wootz's (piggies).
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- To be? That is the question ... Part 2
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
Fantasy Football 2014: An early look at the top 20 running backs
It's never too early to start thinking fantasy football 2014. Here is an early look at the top running backs for next season.Continued ...
- 2013 Fantasy Football Awards | The Running Backs: Jamaal Charles, C.J. Spiller, Knowshon Moreno
- 2013 Fantasy Football Awards | The Quarterbacks: Peyton Manning, Nick Foles, Geno Smith
- Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet | 2013 Conference Championships (Week 20): Players to target and avoid
- Fantasy Football 2014: An early look at the top 20 running backs