Plane's swastika banner spurs criticism around NYC
NEW YORK — A banner aiming to change people's minds about what swastikas stand for has stirred outrage after it flew over beaches in New York City and on Long Island.Continued ...
- Mountaintop removal for coal hurts water quality and harms fish, study says
- Charges: Wanted man karate kicks police horse
- Active mind and body fend off Alzheimer’s, study says
- Colleges barring sex still must regulate it
- Odor test, eye exam might detect early Alzheimer’s
- Plane's swastika banner spurs criticism around NYC
Vote for Shelia, Lilybelle, Brody and kittens
Many families have found furry best friends at the Danville Adoption Center of the Pennsylvania SPCA.
A number of dogs, cats and unique pets are available for adoption.
Every week in 2014 we'll highlight four pets from the shelter. Vote for your favorite this week until 8:01 p.m.June 1. The readers' favorite will be announced on June 2. A new set of pets will vie for votes beginning the same day.
- SPCA Pet of the Week! (May 27): Marie
- Vote for Thor, Zeus, Pokey or Marie
- Vote for Mack, Charlie, Terrier puppies or Scout
- Vote for Shelia, Lilybelle, Brody and kittens
Energy down: Red Bull spills onto I-95 in Florida truck crash
ROCKLEDGE, Fla. — Call it a different kind of energy jolt. Thousands of gallons of Red Bull spilled onto Interstate 95 in central Florida after two tractor-trailers collided.Continued ...
- 100-year-old German turns tables on trickster
- Buddhist monks get wild on 4th, cited for illegal fireworks
- Can plants hear?: Study finds that vibrations prompt some to boost their defenses
- Finnish couple wins quirky 'wife carrying' race
- Waitresses at Colorado eatery carry loaded guns
- Energy down: Red Bull spills onto I-95 in Florida truck crash
DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
Are you Dutchified?Continued ...
GOING BACK — If you are feeling sicker than you were before, you’re going back.
CAME ALONG BEHIND — Refers to a child who decided to be born several years after his or her older siblings.
- Pennsylvania Dutch Idioms and Expressions
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 2
- SPRAGGING can save your life - Part 1
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 2
- Evil spirits or just fehunst? - Part 1
- DITTZLING the day away - Part 1
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball | Sleeper: Twins 2B Brian Dozier
- Fantasy Football 2014: An early look at the top 20 running backs
- 2013 Fantasy Football Awards | The Running Backs: Jamaal Charles, C.J. Spiller, Knowshon Moreno
- 2013 Fantasy Football Awards | The Quarterbacks: Peyton Manning, Nick Foles, Geno Smith