DANVILLE — A burst water boiler dumped gallons of water on all three floors of 109 Bloom Street, causing sagging floors and a borough quarantine.
The building is not in any danger of exterior collapse, but someone will still be needed to assess damages, said Don Lutz, borough fire chief.
The water has caused the floors to sag throughout the house, said Jackie Hart, borough codes administrator.
The boiler malfunctioned after being continuously run for an extended period of time, she said.
Borough employees arrived on the scene around 4:50 p.m. after a contractor working on the street noticed water coming out of the third-story window. The borough cut electricity and water to the house in order to bring the problem under control, in addition to wrapping police tape around the building.
The house is currently up for sale by a trust and is not occupied, said Hart.
Email questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.