The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA

Montour County

March 3, 2013

Malfunctioning wood stove causes scare

— DANVILLE — A malfunctioning wood stove caused a scare Sunday at Seibel Construction’s shop in Limestone Township, Montour County.

Business owner Vernon Seibel and his wife, Arlene, discovered the problem when they returned to the property at 49 Strick Road at 1:30 p.m. following a church fellowship meeting.

“When we got home from church, we heard a noise,” Arlene Seibel said. The garage door opener on the shop was not functioning properly, and something appeared to be smoldering above the ceiling.

Area firefighters were dispatched and removed insulation from the ceiling and tin roofing to contain the problem.

At no point were there flames in the store, Arlene Seibel said. Nobody was hurt, and only construction tools were in the shop at the time. The only damage she was aware of was to the ceiling tiles and insulation.

Business should not be affected by the fire, she said.

Responding were fire departments from Washingtonville, Liberty Township, Warrior Run and Mahoning Township, as well as a Danville ambulance.

 

1
Text Only
Home

Danville Photos