— MAHONING TWP. – Children were evacuated early today after an odor of something electrical burning was detected in the basement of the Danville Child Development Center at 398 Wall Street.
There were no injuries during the 7:24 a.m. alarm, according to East End Fire Company Deputy Chief Leslie Young.
About 15 children were evacuated, according to center staff.
Firefighters searched the area, checked lights and the ceiling around lights.
They used a thermal imaging camera to detect any significant heat changes in the walls with the source of the burning odor determined to be a soda vending machine. The machine was unplugged and the staff advised to contact Pepsi, Young said.
Assisting were a Danville ambulance and Mahoning Township police.