The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA

The Danville News

December 23, 2013

Rush Township fire

DANVILLE — By Karen Blackledge

The Danville News

 

RUSH TWP. – What appeared to be an electrical system malfunction in the basement caused a fire resulting in several thousand dollars worth of damage to a Rush Township home on Warner Road, near Logan Run Road, in Rush Township Sunday night.

The Warner sisters arrived home shortly after 10 p.m. Sunday to find their electricity not working and their house filled with smoke, Southside Company Chief Butch Kriner said Monday. He said they called someone and he wasn’t sure who notified Montour County’s 911 Center.

Firefighters extinguished the fire, which started in the basement, that had caught the floor joist on the first floor on fire.

Kriner estimated the damage at several thousand dollars. Damage was confined to the basement.

He didn’t have the first names of the sisters, who are senior citizens and live at 40 Warner Road.

About 50 firefighters responded from Southside, Danville, Mahoning Township, Elysburg and Ralpho Township fire companies. Also summoned were a Danville ambulance Rush Township quick responders and Danville fire police. They remained at the scene for two hours.

Email comments to kblackledge@thedanvillenews.com.

1
Text Only
The Danville News
The Daily Marquee
Danville Sports