- The Danville News
Riverside council leader: Regionalization not dead
RIVERSIDE — Sewer regionalization in the area is not dead just because Danville municipal authority has pulled out, according to Riverside’s borough council president.
They share more than turkey dinner
Two of the many community Thanksgiving gatherings that took place this year have become more about giving than tradition.
CFO: Geisinger could learn a lot from AtlantiCare parternship
DANVILLE — Geisinger Health System could learn a lot from its most recent partner, AtlantiCare, according to Geisinger’s chief financial officer.
Twelve Twenty-Four brings Christmas rock to Danville Middle School
DANVILLE – Christmas rock group Twelve Twenty-Four will ring in the Christmas season with a Dec. 1 concert at Danville Middle School.
The group, originally organized as a tribute band to music group Trans-Siberian Orchestra, is composed of a 17-piece band including full vocal and string sections.
Feed-A-Friend: Students spend day off on service
DANVILLE — Students used their time off from school to give back and help others Tuesday.
Battling blaze puts Danville teen in Geisinger
DANVILLE — An ember from a wood-burning heater caught part of an East Front Street game room on fire Tuesday, sending a teenager to Geisinger Medical Center with smoke inhalation.
Penny-pinching pays off at budget time for Montour County
DANVILLE — Skimping and saving the past six years has paid off for Montour County, which will be able to tackle some needed capital projects.
Fire and smoke outside game room sends boy to hospital
DANVILLE – An ember from a wood-burning heater caught part of an East Front Street game room on fire, and sent a teenager to Geisinger Medical Center for smoke inhalation.
Justin Hunter, 16, of Danville, was sent to Geisinger after he and Joe Notargiacomo, 17, of Danville, attempted to control the fire before firefighters arrived. They were both in the game room playing pool when the fire started. Phil Hunter, Justin’s father and the owner of the property, expects his son to recover, saying that the smoke aggravated his asthma. Joe was unhurt. The game room is located in a garage on the property of 634 East Front Street.
- More The Danville News Headlines
- Riverside council leader: Regionalization not dead