The Daily Item
— BEAVERTOWN - Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire among some cardboard boxes that were placed near a stove this morning in a Beavertown apartment.
The incident resulted in some smoke and water damage inside one second-story apartment, but the quick response from firefighters prevented the fire from speading to several adjoining apartments in the East Market Street building.
Fire units from Beavertown and surrounding areas were dispatched just after 10 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Route 522 has been closed in Beavertown for about an hour.