The Daily Item, Sunbury, PA


September 2, 2013

The Color of Money: Obamacare's taxing issues


     The IRS says information will be made available later about how tax returns will change to allow people to report their health insurance coverage or an exemption. Health insurers will be required to provide everyone that they cover each year with information that will help them demonstrate they have coverage, according to the IRS.  So you may have to attach to your tax return a form much like you do now when you include your W-2 or a 1099 that reports other sources of income.

     If you have more questions about tax issues regarding the ACA, go to Search for "Questions and Answers on the Individual Shared Responsibility Provision." You can also find answers at

     As it is with so much concerning the Affordable Care Act, find out how it affects you especially because now it will be linked to information you provide on your tax return.

    Readers can write to Michelle Singletary c/o The Washington Post, 1150 15th St., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20071. Her email address is Follow her on Twitter (@SingletaryM) or Facebook ( Comments and questions are welcome, but due to the volume of mail, personal responses may not be possible. Please also note comments or questions may be used in a future column, with the writer's name, unless a specific request to do otherwise is indicated.

Text Only
Business Video