PHOTOS: New Lego Club
A Lego club has been organized at the Priestley-Forsyth Memorial Library in Northumberland. The club meets from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursdays. Kindergartners through sixth-graders are invited to join. Photos by Liz Rohde/The Daily Item.
This Week In Pictures
Click Here to purchase Daily Item photos.
COMING SUNDAY: The Top 75 Stories
To mark its 75th anniversary, The Daily Item will publish on Sunday July 8, the Top 75 Stories since the newsaper was founded in 1937. Look for this collector's edition inside the newspaper on Sunday.
- PHOTOS: New Lego Club A Lego club has been organized at the Priestley-Forsyth Memorial Library in Northumberland. The club meets from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursdays. Kindergartners through sixth-graders are invited to join. Photos by Liz Rohde/The Daily Item.
- Harlem Globetrotters Visit Bucknell About 3,000 people filled the seats inside Sojka Pavilion Wednesday night to see the Harlem Globetrotters. Photos by Justin Engle/The Daily Item.
- On The Scene: 23rd Annual Union County Library Auction The 23rd Annual Auction to Benefit The Public Library for Union County was held recently at Bucknell University. Photos by Freddi Carlip/For The Daily Item.
- Animals On A Mission Horses, ponies, goats, chickens, pot-bellied pigs and de-scented skunks were among the multitude of animals families visited at Kratzerville’s “Springtime on the Farm” event on Sunday. The event was hosted at the 55-acre farm of Janel and Doyle Ashburn. Janel Ashburn is director of Ashburn’s Animals on a Mission, which provides therapy animals for the physically and mentally handicapped. Photos by Justin Engle/The Daily Item
- Latino Symposium at Susquehanna University Culture was on the move during a dance workshop, part of the annual Latino Symposium at Susquehanna University. Photos by Liz Rohde/The Daily Item
- Ukrainian Egg Designs Gail Zimmer demonstrates Ukrainian egg coloring for kindergarten students at St. Cryil in Danville. Photos by Robert Inglis/The Daily Item.
- Moved by the Groove Dozens of children took to a dance floor in Danville Friday night for a dance marathon, sponsored by the Karen Gronsky School of Dance. The event raised money for the non-profit organization "Beyond Violence." Photos by Liz Rohde/The Daily Item
- On The Scene: St. Monica's Dinner Dance "The Sky's the Limit" for the 4th annual St. Monica School Dinner Dance. See Freddi Carlip's column in Tuesday's edition of The Daily Item. Photos by Freddi Carlip/For The Daily Item.
- This Week In Pictures