The Daily Item
LEWISBURG — Helen W. Hoover, 98, of Ridgecrest Circle, formerly of Port Trevorton, passed away at 4 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012, at RiverWoods, Lewisburg.
She was born Oct. 25, 1914, in Port Trevorton, the last surviving child of the late Charles L. and Bertha Mae (Ulsh) Herrold.
She attended the lower Herrold’s grammar school and on Dec. 2, 1933, she married Paul G. Hoover who preceded her in death on April 29, 1986.
She was a member of Hope United Methodist Church, Port Trevorton where she had sung in the choir and was active in the United Methodist Church Women. She was a member of the Port Trevorton Fire Company ladies auxiliary.
Helen enjoyed crocheting and reading and in the summer sitting on her front porch and watching the goings on in her community. Helen’s greatest joy was found in her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law, Charles and Faelene Hoover and Ronald and Lois Hoover, all of Port Trevorton; four grandchildren and their spouses, Carol and Neil Ulrich, of Shamokin Dam, Stacy and Rick Bowie, of Harrisburg, Leslie and Arnel Capinpin, of San Rafael, Calif., and Eric and Kristin Hoover, of Selinsgrove; six great-grandchildren who were the light of her life, Justin Ulrich, Janelle and Brian Urban, Drew Dick, Colton and Madelyn Hoover, and Archer Capinpin; and three sisters-in-law, Erma Hawley, Erma Herrold and Betty Herrold.
She was preceded in death by 11 brothers and sisters, Robert, Paul, Lee, Fred, George Alvin, Earl Francis and Howard Herrold, Louise Moore, Alice Ferry, Anna Spicher, and Sara Jane Flanders.
Friends and family will be received from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at the V.L. Seebold Funeral Home, 601 N. High St., Selinsgrove, followed by the funeral at 11 with the Rev. Kristen Wall-Love, and RiverWoods chaplain, the Rev. Alice Rauch, officiating.
Burial will be in Witmer’s Memorial Cemetery, Port Trevorton.
Contributions to honor Helen’s memory may be made to RiverWoods, 1 River Road, Lewisburg, PA 17837, or Hope United Methodist Church, Port Trevorton, PA 17864.