The Daily Item
MIFFLINBURG — Ernest Leroy “Ernie” Hoffman, 81, of 1065 Red Bank Road, entered into rest on Monday afternoon, Nov. 19, 2012, at Evangelical Community Hospital, Lewisburg.
He was born April 2, 1931, in West Buffalo Township, a son of the late Raymond and Pearl (Beck) Hoffman. On July 19, 1952, in the Mifflinburg Methodist Church, he married the former Rosella H. Swartzlander, who survives.
Ernie served as a corporal in the Army from 1950 until his honorable discharge in 1954.
He owned and operated Hoffman’s Auto Body, Mifflinburg. Earlier in life, he was employed at Manbeck Motors, Mifflinburg, and Bud Baker’s Auto Body, Lewisburg.
He was a member of the Hillside Bible Church, Mifflinburg, since 1976.
Ernie enjoyed gardening, wood working, and hunting. He especially enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife of 60 years, he is survived by one son, David E. Hoffman, of Mifflinburg; two daughters and sons-in-law, Carole L. and Dennis Keefer, of Lewisburg, and Barb R. and Wayne Resseguie, of New Berlin; one sister, Evelyn Sampsell, of Penns Creek; seven grandchildren and their spouses, Beth Amy and Ben Eshelman, Amber and Mike VanSickle, Matthew and Ang Keefer, Jennifer and Tim Shaffer, Elizabeth and Kurt Aurand, Phil and Heather Resseguie, and Brandon and Lindsay Resseguie; 10 great-grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren on the way.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, Charles Hoffman and Kenneth Hoffman, and two sisters, Sarah Bowersox and Alma Reed.
Family and friends are welcome from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Hillside Bible Church, 1650 Centennial Road, Mifflinburg, where the funeral will be conducted at 11 with the Rev. Ryan T. Henderson, officiating.
Burial will be in the Hillside Bible Church Cemetery, with military honors by the Mifflinburg American Legion Post 410.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Hillside Christian Academy, 1650 Centennial Road, Mifflinburg, PA 17844.
Funeral arrangements are by Roupp Funeral Home, Inc., 8594 Old Turnpike Road, Mifflinburg.