- At heart of Ukraine drama, a tale of two countries
- Thought voiced ’round the world: What is Russia doing in Crimea?
- Russian troops take over Ukraine’s Crimea region
NSA director seeks rules to guide cyberwarfare
WASHINGTON — In one of his final Capitol Hill appearances, Gen. Keith Alexander, the National Security Agency’s director, called Thursday for a stronger strategy to deter cyberattacks, saying the line that would prompt a U.S. response against an adversary “does not yet exist.”Continued ...
The Dalai Lama thinks Silicon Valley needs a dose of compassion
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama spent three days in the Bay Area, but he wasn’t just maxin’ and relaxin’. He was speaking on different panels about tough issues like finding balance and the pursuit of happiness. And he had some choice words for the influencers in Silicon Valley: “Even business needs a sense of ethics.”Continued ...
Hotel lobbies encourage guests to hang out
It’s midafternoon at the Crystal City Marriott in Arlington, Va. Flattering sunlight floods the airy modern lobby. A few people linger over lunch or work together in hushed conversations. An employee tidies the already tidy bar. Subdued music emanates from strategically placed speakers.Continued ...
- ‘Smart’ power grid holds promise but faces hurdles
- Ship pilots do the ‘Texas Chicken’ as Houston channel chokes on oil traffic
- Worsening divorce rate points to improving economic outlook
- Is marijuana legalization on cusp of broad acceptance?
- New study: How dogs know what you’re feeling
- In minimum wage debate, Wal-Mart poised for a Ford moment