Brat, Cantor camps squabble in Virginia
Ever since Dave Brat dethroned House Majority Leader Eric Cantor this month, the political newcomer has vowed to bring together the warring factions of the Republican Party.Continued ...
Virginia panel's emails describe turmoil over hiring senator
Virginia Sen. Phillip Puckett was about to get a good gig with the state tobacco commission, one created just for him, with a job description he was invited to write himself. Maybe even a state car.Continued ...
Child-care issues move to political forefront as both parties position for midterms
WASHINGTON — Paid leave and access to child care are surging to the top of the nation’s political debate as Democrats and Republicans seek to win votes and advance policies to address the economic struggles of families trying to raise children and hold jobs.Continued ...
Crashes mount as military flies more drones in US
WASHINGTON — Shortly after the day’s final bell rang and hundreds of youngsters ran outside Lickdale Elementary School with their book bags and lunchboxes, a military drone fell from the sky.Continued ...
- Obama paves way for possible airstrikes
- Who could have seen Iraq's crisis coming?
- Al-Maliki "will not go quietly," foes and friends say
- On Iraq, where’s Biden?
- Iraq’s top cleric increases pressure on al-Maliki
- 10 key dates in unraveling of Iraq
- Father, son lead Army unit 4 decades apart
- The best dads are wild
- Brat, Cantor camps squabble in Virginia