The Daily Item
HARRISBURG — Visitors to the 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show can enter their photographs capturing the spirit of this year’s show in the annual photo contest and win prizes.
“When you go to the Farm Show, you’re capturing a lot of memories, so be on the lookout for the perfect snapshot,” Agriculture Secretary George Greig said. “Share your Farm Show experience and compete for bragging rights, cash and a VIP parking space.”
Anyone visiting the show is eligible, and the top three entries will be featured in the 2014 Pennsylvania Farm Show Souvenir Book. The first-place winner receives $100 and a VIP parking space for the 2014 show. The second-place winner receives $75, and the third-place winner earns a $50 prize.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
- The photograph must be taken at the 2013 Farm Show.
- The photograph must be in color.
- The photograph must be 4-by-6 inches in size.
- If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi.
- Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by March 31.
- Name, address, phone number and email address and a caption must be included with each entry.
- All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture.
- Department of Agriculture employees are not eligible.
- The contest is only open to non-professional entries.
The 2012 winner was Jenn Vogel, of Arlington, Va. Second-place honors went to Mark Weaver, of Harrisburg, and third place to Joyce Adair, of Ephrata.
Digital photos and entry information must be emailed to email@example.com. Print photos can be mailed with entry information to April Orwig at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The eight-day show begins Saturday and continues to Jan. 12 at the Farm Show Complex. Admission is free, and parking is $10. For information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.