WILLIAMSPORT — Prospective students and their families can discover the diverse “degrees that work” offered by Pennsylvania College of Technology and explore campus life when the college holds an Open House on March 29.
A full slate of activities and tours will be offered during Open House, which takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the main campus in Williamsport. Free transportation will be provided to and from the college’s Schneebeli Earth Science Center and Lumley Aviation Center nearby.
In “Best Colleges 2014,” Penn College earned Top 10 status among the Top Public Regional Colleges North from the annual publication issued by U.S. News & World Report.
Penn College students learn in hands-on fashion from faculty with industry experience, using the latest equipment and technologies.
Penn College Open House visitors can participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Meeting with faculty to learn about academic majors representing more than 100 different career areas
- Attending a “Choosing Your Major” session to find out which career areas match your interests and abilities
- Visiting labs and classrooms to see how state-of-the-art facilities and equipment can enhance your educational experience
- Exploring campus with a Student Ambassador to hear a student’s perspective on Penn College
- Touring on-campus housing and hearing from students about what it’s like to live on campus
- Interacting with students and learning more about clubs and organizations, athletics, dining services and campus life
Those applying for admission during Open House will have the $50 application fee waived.
Visit www.pct.edu/openhouse for information including a registration form and personalized guide, a list of campus activities, travel directions, a campus map, and a list of lodging available in the Williamsport area.
Those who cannot attend Open House on March 29 may schedule a campus tour online at the Open House website or by calling the Admissions Office toll-free at (800) 367-9222. Penn College will offer another Open House on Oct. 26.