WARRIOR RUN HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
Makayla L. Finan, daughter of Rodney and Linda Finan, was named Outstanding Senior at Warrior Run High School for January.
She is a member of National Honor Society (president), Tri-Hi-Y, Defender Pride Club, student council, and Key Club. She is editor-in-chief of the Eagle’s Perch, the school newspaper, and is secretary of the Class of 2013. She participates in Lady Defender soccer and track and field.
Her awards and achievements include Outstanding Journalism Staff Member Award, and being a member of the 2010 and 2011 State Championship teams.
She is employed by Weis Markets.
Makayla will attend Indiana University of Bloomsburg University and major in exercise science.
Robert T. Dowdy, son of William and Lisa Dowdy, was named Turbotville Lions Club Student of the Month for January.
He is a member of the Debate Club and French Club. He also participates in football and track and field.
Her awards and achievements include honor roll, being a varsity letter recipient, and Academic All-Star.
Robert will attend Penn State University and major in materials science and engineering.
Taylor L. Landis, daughter of Joseph and Kelly Landis, was named Watsontown Lions Club Student of the Month for January.
She is a member of National Honor Society, Tri-Hi-Y, The Warrior yearbook staff, student council, and Spanish Club. She also participates in Lady Defender soccer (captain), and lettered in track and field. She is also active with STN Club Soccer, Project 13, Lacrosse, and 4-H.
Her awards and achievements include being a member of the 2010-2011 State Championship Girls Soccer teams, 2012 Homecoming Court senior class representative, 2012 Senior Soccer Awards: member of the HAC II co-championship team, Daily Item Girls All-Stars, Pennsylvania All-State Team, Standard Journal and Daily Item Player of the Year; multiple Sports Zone indoor soccer championships, numerous girls soccer recognition awards, honor roll, Academic All-Stars, Defender P.R.I.D.E. awards, 2010-2011 PA Heartland Athletic Conference Star Team, first team forward, was named the CCN Player of the Game several times, and 2011 track and field district qualifier in the 100 hurdles.
She is employed by Sports Zone.
Taylor will attend Lebanon Valley College or Mansfield University and major in biology.
WARRIOR RUN HIGH SCHOOL
- Pet Food Donations Needed for Arthur’s Pet Pantry
- Transitions Will Provide Free Shoes To Children In Need Through Payless Gives™ Shoes 4 Kids Holiday Giving Program
- Mifflinburg Community Calendar Available for 2014
- Middleburg Joint High School Class of 1963
- ‘Tis the Season … Milton Public Library Supports Informed Giving
- American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program
- Northumberland County Woman Selected New Chair of State YF&R Committee
- Students rallied to raise money for disaster relief.
- Books For Babes: Bringing “Book Love” to Children
- Beta Sigma Phi Supports Project Linus
- Deck the Halls Workshop A Success
- Mifflinburg Area Middle School P.R.I.D.E. Award for November
- Mifflinburg Area Intermediate School Students of the Month for November
- First Community Foundation Partnership of Pennsylvania Announces 2014 Grant Opportunities for Union County
- PHEAA’s Student Aid Guide Details the Financial Aid Process