MIFFLINBURG — Snyder Union Mifflin Child Development, Inc. (SUMCD) is now accepting applications for enrollment in the Head Start and Early Head Start programs in Snyder and Union counties.
The following is an overview of some important information about these programs.
- Early Head Start serves pregnant women/expectant families and families with children under age 3.
- Head Start serves children ages 3-5.
- Family income must be at or below federal poverty guideline ($23,850 for family of 4) but families with income slightly above that level may be considered.
- Parents who are recently unemployed may be eligible.
- All interested parents are encouraged to apply.
- Services are individualized and include: education, early childhood development, medical/dental/mental health/nutrition, family engagement — parents take an active role.
- Head Start and Early Head Start serve children with disabilities, coordinating services with other agencies to meet all needs of the child, and provide services within an inclusive setting.
SUMCD serves over 500 children in Head Start and Early Head Start, and provides additional programs, including preschool for infants through age 5 and school-age child care.
To make a referral, for more information, or to apply: Snyder & Union Counties, (570) 966-2845, Mifflin County, (717) 242-3032.