For The Daily Item
1. Eureka: A man with a moustache may not kiss a woman.
2. Evanston: Bowling is forbidden; It is illegal to go trick-or-treating on Halloween; It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire.
3. Galesburg: There is a $1,000 dollar fine for beating rats with baseball bats.
4. Homer: It is against the law to use a slingshot unless your are a law enforcement officer.
5. If the Rushville, Ill., city council doesn't have a quorum, those sent can have the cops go out and arrest absent members and bring them to the meeting.
6. In Illinois it is illegal for barbers to use their fingers to apply shaving cream to a customer's face.
7. In Illinois, it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.
8. In Chicago it is also illegal to take a French poodle to the opera, and for women over 200 pounds (90 kilos) to ride horses in shorts.
9. In Chicago, Illinois, it is illegal to fish in pajamas.
10. In Chicago, people who are diseased, maimed, mutilated, or "otherwise an unsightly or disgusting object" are banned from going out in public.
11. In Minoola, Ill., it's illegal to take your clothes off.
12. In Oblong, Illinois, it's punishable by law to make love while hunting or fishing on your wedding day.