For The Daily Item
1. Chicago: Kites may not be flown within the city limits.
2. Chicago: Spitting is forbidden
3. Cicero: Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays.
4. Des Plaines: Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees.
5. In Zion, Ill., it is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animals kept as pets.
6. It is against the law for a monster to enter the corporate limits of Urbana, Illinois.
7. It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.
8. Pullman: It is illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb.
9. Pullman: It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck
10. The people in Manteno, Ill., do not want used facial tissue, period. Hence, you cannot "throw, drop or place" a used hankie "upon any public way or public place or upon the floor of any convenience or upon the floor of any theater, hall or assembly or public building or upon the surface or any lot or parcel of ground or on the roof on any building or in any light or air shaft, court or areaway."
11. Under a 1872 law still on the books, an alderman in Chicago can carry a gun. Some do.
12. You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
13. You may be convicted of a Class 4 felony offense, punishable by up to three years in state prison, for the crime of "eavesdropping" on your own conversation.