The Daily Item
1. You cannot live on a boat for more than 30 days during the calendar year, even if just passing through the state.
2. If an organization non registered as “non-profit” fails to register their raffle with the local sheriff, that group risks paying up to $10,000 in fines and spending five years in jail.
3. The term “sadomasochistic abuse” is defined so broadly, that it could possibly be applied to a person handcuffing another in a clown suit.
4. Signs are required to be written in English.
5. No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.
6. It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.
7. Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.
8. Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
9. Acworth - All citizens must own a rake.
10. Athens-Clarke County - Adult bookstores may not sell alcohol
11. Athens-Clarke County - If you want to read your favorite book in public to your friends, do it before 2:45 AM.
12. Athens-Clarke County - Massage businesses may not sell alcohol on the side.
13. Athens-Clarke County - It is illegal to sell two beers are once for a single price. For example, a bar can’t run a 2 Bud Lights for $5 special.
14. Athens-Clarke County - Though being forced to close your business is bad enough, Athens-Clarke County forces one to obtain a license before holding a Going-Out-Of-Business sale.
15. Athens-Clarke County - Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo.
16. Athens-Clarke County - Owners of mules may not allow their animal to roam around Athens unsupervised.
17. Athens-Clarke County - Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM.
18. Athens-Clarke County - It is illegal for one to make a disturbing sound at a fair.