Lewisburg Area School District high school and middle school teams got off to good starts in the first week of the stock market simulation. A Lewisburg high school team led by adviser and teacher Michael Creeger earned more than $3,300, edging out five other schools. But the Lewisburg Middle…
DANVILLE — Judge Gary Norton commended a Danville area man for his honesty before sentencing him for driving while under the influence of alcohol.
Valley municipalities relying on Pennsylvania State Police for primary coverage may be forced to pay a new fee for the service, but it’s substantially cheaper than what neighboring municipalities already spend on local police departments.
The Thomas Beaver Free Library in Danville is the only library in Montour County. It does not receive any tax revenue from the county budget and only two municipalities out of 11 in the county and two in Northumberland County give money. The 2016 budget of $240,000 is comprised of 24 percent…
SUNBURY — The Powerball jackpot for Saturday's drawing has soared to $349 million, a number that until last year would have had people shaking their heads in amazement and players lining up by the hundreds at their local lottery retailers.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bob Michel, an affable Illinois congressman who served as leader of the Republican House minority for 14 years and was skilled at seeking compromise critical in getting many initiatives of two Republican presidents through Congress, died Friday. He was 93.
WILLIAMSPORT — The end of the regular season couldn’t have come in any better fashion for Lewisburg. The Green Dragons tallied more than 100 points in each match against Montoursville on Thursday, with the Lewisburg boys taking a 107-60 victory and the girls coming away with a 137-32 triumph…
NORTHUMBERLAND — Faith Gingrich had 16 points and 11 rebounds, while Becky Gingrich added 10 points, eight assists and seven rebounds, as the Sunbury Christian Academy girls rolled to a 57-19 victory over DuBois Christian School on Thursday in the Allegheny Christian Athletic Tournament quar…
MIFFLINTOWN — Midd-West and East Juniata football players will compete on the same team for one more season.
HALIFAX — Halifax broke open a close game in the fourth quarter by hitting 8 of 9 foul shots to knock off East Juniata 40-29 in the Tri-Valley League semifinals.
POTTSVILLE — Lourdes Regional built a seven-point lead heading into the fourth quarter on Wednesday night against Pottsville at Martz Hall.
MIFFLINTOWN — It didn’t take long before Todd Wingard and his Millersburg coaching staff were looking squarely at a sizable dilemma.
- Teen’s hospital assault case sent to county court
- Assault, harassment charges from hospital incident withdrawn
- Danville area police and court brief for Monday, May 2
- Police chief in huffing case may plea
- Felon gun theft defendant will face county court
- Police: Sunbury man had 1.2 pounds of spice
- Police: Driver in crash on morphine
- NCSTU resident faces assault charge
- Man, 18, charged with stealing milk, cough medicine
- Montour County police reports for Tuesday, March 15
- Police: Man lied about stealing milk
- Flashing brake lights led to Danville DUI arrest
- Danville police briefs for Monday, March 14
- Danville police briefs for Friday, March 11
- Danville police brief for Thursday, March 10