SUNBURY -- Sunbury police have arrested Elyette Barbour on charges of criminal homicide in the Nov. 12 stabbing death of Port Trevorton resident Troy LaFerrara. City police on Tuesday charged his wife, Miranda Barbour, 18, of Selinsgrove, with criminal homicide in the 42-year-old's slaying. Police allege Elytte hit under a blanket in the back seat of the couple's red Honda CRV and, when given a signal by his wife, Elytte began to strangle LaFerrara while his wife stabbed the victim 20 times. Additional details will be posted as they become available.
Couple killed Port Trevorton man, police say
- Idea may spring some of pen’s 1,600 cons
- $230G loan miffs crowd
- Ex-county clerk gets $113G to settle suit
- Good Morning Central Susquehanna Valley
- Celebration of the Arts kicks off in Lewisburg
- Roofer convicted of bilking elderly clients
- Bids opened for Line Mountain school buildings
- Midd-West residents rally
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Opening day a scream
- Gordner bill ends gift-card swap for convicts’ service
- Grandma slayer gets 20-60 years
Inside track: Here comes the Hurricane again
The meteorological calender for the hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30, but on Saturday nights, hurricane warnings are still posted at Selinsgrove Speedway as Mike “Hurricane” Walter has some good racing left in him.Continued ...
- Motorsports: Fetter still enjoys the races
- High School Baseball: Selinsgrove tops Mifflinburg
- Grabski is Daily Item Swimmer of the Year
- Scott Dudinskie on high school baseball: 100 hits is an overlooked milestone
- H.S. softball: Mifflinburg's offense too much for Shikellamy
- H.S. roundup: Seal's McCartney takes third at Penn Relays
- H.S. roundup: Shikellamy's Nick Dunn tosses first career no-hitter
- MMA: Tim Boetsch ready for Saturday's UFC fight
- Todd Hummel's track & field column: Seal's Auman expands repertoire
- H.S. baseball: Red-hot Midd-West wins seventh straight by topping Milton
- Girls basketball: Danville's Amber Renz named Player of the Year
- Inside track: Here comes the Hurricane again
- Sticky-fingered car thief done in by half-eaten cinnamon roll
- Czech deer still stuck behind Iron Curtain
- Robber's spud gun no match for baseball bat-wielding manager
- But they have nice personalities... Lucey crowned most beautiful bulldog
- A browser extension that replaces ‘literally’ with ‘figuratively’
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Stuck on a college wait list? Do this.
- Apps for parents curb distracted teen drivers
- Burp, I should have had a V-8!
- Hey dude, where's my TV?
Author to offer free non-fiction writing workshop
SELINSGROVE — Journalist and author Matthew Lysiak will be offering a free non-fiction writing workshop to help aspiring writers and journalists through the process of getting their non-fiction ideas published.Continued ...
- Susquehanna Valley Chorale Pops: Get Down with Motown!
- 2 great reasons to get out tonight!
- 1 great reason to get out tonight!
- Da Capo Chamber Players in Concert April 22
- Lewisburg Celebration of the Arts - The 45th Year
- This music is for the birds
- And the winners are:
- Entry deadline this weekend for Celebration of the Arts exhibits
- Innovative jazz pianist coming to area April 17
- Alumnus returns to SU for reading
- Jody Fallon — 10 years later
- Author to offer free non-fiction writing workshop