1. The Mifflinburg Heritage & Revitalization Association annual Wine Festival and Home Brew Competition will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at the VFW Carnival Grounds along Route 45 (Chestnut Street). Tickets are $25 on the day of the event.
2. Northumberland is honoring “Hometown Heroes” at a special ceremony at 2 p.m. today in King Street Park in Northumberland. All are invited to come to this event. Commemorative banners have been purchased by friends and relatives to honor and remember their loved ones.
3. Now in its sixth year, the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau’s Annual Covered Bridge Bus Tour is being held from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. today. Columbia and Montour counties contain a total of 25 covered bridges. Tickets are $25. The tour will begin at 121 Papermill Road, Bloomsburg.
4. The CommUnity Zone is hosting “A Mysterious Dream; A Community’s Labor of Love.’ Described as “an evening of immersive multi-media and live music” the event will offer a glimpse at a more unified way of life. It takes place from 7 to 9 p.m. today at ‘Jim’s Church,” 53 N. Third St., Lewisburg.
5. The Gutelius House Museum, 432 Green St., Mifflinburg, is open from 1 to 4 p.m. At 2 p.m., Alan Wagner will present a program on Surveying and Maps in Mifflinburg. He will speak about techniques used in the 1800s and today. An original 1811 surveyed document by Frederick Adam Gutelius will be on display as well as other historical maps. A reproduction map of Mifflinburg from 1884 will be available for the public to purchase.