1. Sunbury City Council meets tonight and it is expected the board will discuss the hiring of a new city administrator.
Mayor Kurt Karlovich said the city has been talking about it, and Monday an announcement on the position is expected. City Council will also be discussing a new police contract and when a new officer will be added to the five-person force.
Council meets at 6:15 p.m. inside City Hall.
2. The Midd-West School Board is expected to review the cost estimates for developing 70 acres at the Middleburg campus during tonight's 7 p.m. public work session
The proposal includes a 2,000-seat sports stadium with an all-weather track and synthetic turf.
The board work session will be held at West Snyder Elementary School in Beaver Springs.
3. The Susquehanna Valley Progress, an advocacy group, will be "deep diving" into the state of health care in the Valley at their monthly meeting on Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Dwayne Heisler, SEIU Healthcare, will be the lead speaker. His presentation will discuss where we go from here, challenges faced in 2019.
The meeting will be held at Beaver Memorial United Methodist Church, 42 S. Third St., Lewisburg.
4. A preliminary hearing for a man charged with cooking methamphetamine in the former DeLong School in Washingtonville is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday before Montour County District Judge Marvin Shrewder.
Casey W. Hunsinger, 30, remains free on $50,000 bail.
Hunsinger is the son of Bruce Hunsinger, owner of the former school.
Tpr. Jared Mowen said parents were playing with their child on a picnic table on the east side of the old school, at 8 Church St., Oct. 22, and saw what they believed to be drugs through a window in the school.
5. Accused serial rapist John Kurtz and defense attorney Michael Suders will appear in Northumberland County Court at 9:15 a.m. Thursday.
President Judge Charles Saylor will hear arguments on 12 criminal motions filed by the defense, including compelling discovery, bail reduction, suppressing statements and hiring investigators and experts.
Kurtz, 43, a former SCI-Coal Township prison guard, is accused of kidnapping and raping multiple women over multiple years in Northumberland, Columbia and Montour counties.