STATE POLICE, MILTON
• One-vehicle crash 11:41 a.m., Aug. 5. Interstate 80 near mile marker 220, Liberty Township, Montour County. Police said Karl R. Gronberg, 40, of North Gratton, Maine, was driving a 2011 Peterbilt 387 east when smoke began billowing from the engine. The truck caught fire. No injuries.
• Driving under the influence 1:34 a.m., Aug. 4. Interstate 80 near mile marker 222, Valley Township, Montour County. Police said Ayesha Chopra, 40, of Danville, was stopped and arrested for driving under the influence.
• Two-vehicle crash 9:55 a.m., Aug. 4. Route 642 at Thistle Way, Valley Township, Montour County. Police said Jerry W. Keefer, 69, of Milton, was westbound in a 2009 Kia Sportage when he ran into the back of a 2002 Ford Escape driven by an unnamed 17-year-old Danville female. Keefer suffered minor injury and was cited for following too closely.
• Theft and trespass 12:30 p.m., Aug. 1. AJK Boulevard, Kelly Township, Union County. Police said James Dutton Katherman, 49, and Susan Elizabeth Katherman, 47, both of Watsontown, were each given $2 vouchers for a soda machine they said was not working, but never deposited money in the machine. James Katherman also had been warned previously not to trespass on Walmart property.
• One-vehicle crash 5:55 a.m., Aug. 6. Johnson Mill Road, Buffalo Township, Union County. Police said Seth Adam Motter, 25, of 116 Arrowhead Lane, Lewisburg, was driving a 2011 Dodge Caliber SDN north when it left the road and hit a wood fence, utility pole and shed. Motter was transported with major injuries but was in fair condition Sunday night at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.
• One-vehicle crash 6:30 p.m., Aug. 5. Route 54 westbound, Rush Township, Northumberland County. Police said Gregory L. Polastre, 158 Fairview St., Elysburg, was driving a 1994 Dodge pickup and towing a trailer with a Dodge pickup on it when the trailer began to sway. This caused both to flip, and the pickup flew off the north side of the road.
• DUI and drug possession 12:35 a.m., July 7. Brush Valley Road about a quarter mile east of Route 147, Upper Augusta Township, Northumberland County. Police said Salvatore Angelo Diluzio, 20, of 336 S. Second St., Sunbury, was stopped for a traffic violation and arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a small amount of marijuana.
• Hit-and-run crash 11:20 a.m., Aug. 1. Hallowing Run Road, Lower Augusta Township, Northumberland County. Police said Yasser Shalabz, 38, of Towson, Md., was driving a 2004 Freightliner with a trailer east when an unidentified gray Dodge truck pulling a gray enclosed trailer westbound hit his vehicle, then fled.
• Identity theft between July 2006 and August 2011. Center Road, Rockefeller Township, Northumberland County. Police said Carol Clark, of Sunbury, reported someone had used her identity to open a Visa credit account without her knowledge.
• One-vehicle crash 3:14 p.m., Aug. 6. Route 147 and Brush Valley Road, Upper Augusta Township, Northumberland County. Police said Jerry F. Zimmerman Jr., 44, of Sunbury, was driving a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 north near Mile Run Road when the engine began to malfunction. Flames began to fly out of the engine near Brush Valley Road and the vehicle was destroyed. No injuries.
• Found dog Aug. 5. Fairground and Smoketown roads, Union County. Police said a male red-brown Pomeranian wearing a camouflage collar was found without tags. Anyone with details should contact police at 524-2943.