• Theft, 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. May 20, Penns Drive, Monroe Township, Snyder County. Dorianna Tothunter, of Selinsgrove, reported to police that a woman's black purse was taken from a vehicle parked at her residence.
• DUI crash, 11:47 p.m., Wednesday, Old Trail, off Route 11 near River Road, Monroe Township, Snyder County. Police said Shelia Denisse Gans, 38, of Shamokin Dam, was driving a 1998 Pontiac Firebird north on the Old Trail near River Road and was negotiating a left curve in the road when she lost control of her car and hit a utility pole. The investigation continues, police said, due to alcohol being a factor in the crash.
• Crash, 4:10 p.m. May 23, Route 710, Rockefeller Township, Northumberland County. Police said a 2001 Ford F150, driven by Russel Heintzelman, 42, of Shamokin, was southbound on Lahr Road, when the vehicle veered off the road and hit a large tree. The driver was affected by a low blood sugar problem at the time of the crash, police believe.
State Police, Milton
• Theft by unlawful taking from May 13-19 A known but unidentified person removed bags of aluminum cans, batteries, electric motors, iron, aluminum and copper from a recycling area at Price's Recycling off Route 405 in West Chillisquaque and presented them at the front of the business as his own. He received $424 from the business.
• Accident May 22 3:20 p.m. Fred O. Widicus, 81, Elmhurst, Ill., was stopped at a red traffic signal at Route 15 and Zeigler Road in Kelly Township, Union County. Timothy A. Klees, 26, New Columbia, drove into the rear of the Widicus vehicle. Klees told police he believed the Widicus vehicle was moving at the time. No one was injured, but both the Widicus 2006 PT Cruiser and Klees's 2000 Toyota Avalon were towed from the scene.