MOUNT PLEASANT MILLS — An outdoor wood burner caught fire and burned down the shed it was enclosed in Sunday afternoon.
Ron Mowery, chief of Mount Pleasant Mills Fire Company, said the burner was located in a shed near a home at 447 Hinkle Road, in Perry Township, Snyder County.
He wasn't sure what sparked the fire around 2 p.m., but said the blaze destroyed the burner and the shed before firefighters could douse the flames. The burner was full of wood, the chief said.
The owner of the home wasn't there Sunday, so Mowery said he left a note. He didn't know the owner's name or whether he or she had any insurance.