“To read a poem in January is as lovely as to go for a walk in June.”
I write this information with respect as I am always in awe of the stories of the dedication of those serving our country, past and present. These are just two of the heartbreaking Christmas stories of those facing unimaginable danger for all to live in the "Land of the Free."
Advent is upon us, singing Christians toward Christmastide. Christian hymns and carols are filled with Jesus titles. Christ is a good title (no, it’s not his last name), meaning savior, deliverer, messiah (yes, we need to get tough-loved out of our messes).
December was originally the tenth and the last month of the year of the old Roman calendar that began in March. Its name came from the Latin word decem, meaning ten. The winter period was not assigned months. It originally consisted of 30 days but its length was shortened to 29 days when the…
For the first time since 1963, Pennsylvania's firearms deer hunting season begins Saturday instead of the first Monday after Thanksgiving.
10/1/1831: On Tuesday last, the canal boat, "Danville," with Captain Gaskins, on its first trip traveled with plaster for Jack Cowden of Northumberland. Merchandise for Colt and Donaldson arrived at this place being the first boat via the canal, the whole distance from Philadelphia.
Geisinger at 100
- Geisinger at 100 | Janet Weis Children's Hospital dedicated in 1995
- Geisinger at 100 | Caroling at the hospital
- Geisinger at 100 | Noon Christmas carols a tradition at hospital in 1953
- Geisinger at 100 | Staff, patients celebrate holiday in 1952
- Geisinger at 100 | 'Cuddle Lady' bonds with Geisinger babies
- Geisinger at 100 | Cancer society recognizes Dr. Beiler
- Geisinger at 100 | Ackerman reelected to sixth term on state chamber
- Geisinger at 100 | Foundation donates $10,000 to underwrite book
- Geisinger at 100 | First transcervical thymectomy performed in 2010
- Geisinger at 100: Bush, Owens named employees of month in 1987
- Geisinger at 100 | Grange gives toys to Ronald McDonald House
- Geisinger at 100 | Snover receives AHA volunteer award
A weekly video discussion series