breaking web only featured top story

The current level of COVID-19 community transmission across Geisinger’s service area mirrors what occurred last November at the start of the most severe spike in case counts and hospitalizations in Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania, according to the hospital system’s chief executive offi…

DANVILLE — Geisinger will host its final Super Saturday Flu Vaccine Day on Saturday for patients and Geisinger Health Plan members ages 3 and older.

NORTHUMBERLAND — A spooky good time is happening again at the Point Drive-In’s Trunk or Treat this Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. along Route 11 between Northumberland and Danville.

featured

DANVILLE — Three parents and two of Tina Bartholomew’s daughters Tuesday night disputed allegations she shared confidential survey documents, claims that apparently led the school board to terminate Bartholomew on Sept. 28 as assistant middle school cross country coach.

Eighty-five percent of nursing homes in Pennsylvania have limited admissions due to staffing shortages since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and nearly 40 percent said they cannot afford to stay open and provide care over the next year, according to a survey by the Pennsylvania Health Car…

HARRISBURG — The Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) has opened an application period for the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, according to Sen. John Gordner. A total of $70 million will be available, with 75 percent of that coming from federal sources and the other 25 percent co…

DANVILLE — Feed a Friend registration is open for Montour County residents. This year’s drive-thru giveaway will be held Saturday, Nov. 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Shiloh United Church of Christ.

DANVILLE — The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) honored 13 projects by schools, businesses and community organizations around the state with the 2021 Governor’s Awards for Environmental Excellence, including one project in Montour County.

breaking web only featured

Pennsylvania Health officials reported more than 5,000 new COVID cases for the second day in a row on Thursday and another 92 residents died due to symptoms of the novel coronavirus.

BLOOMSBURG — It began small in 1981, but, since then, the Covered Bridge & Arts Festival has grown to four days and it now welcomes more than 300 vendors. The festival has also increased in popularity with many who travel to the event each year saying they come to welcome autumn.

MOUNT PLEASANT MILLS — For people who equate autumn with apples, there’s no better place to go than an event that celebrates the fruit in all its forms, particularly the edible ones.

Alison Smeltz, Libertarian challenger for register/recorder in Northumberland County

This Week's Circulars

Follow us on Facebook